Our Simple Recipe for Delicious Homemade Scones May 28, 2019
Our Simple Recipe for Delicious Homemade Scones
Scones with jam and cream, it’s ever so simple, but always scrumptious. The smell alone fresh out the oven is almost unmatchable. There’s no better way to celebrate the Queen’s Birthday this weekend, than with a British stable, paired with a nice big cup of tea! To help you satisfy your soft, fluffy and oh so heavenly cravings, we’ve got an easy recipe that’ll give you all the feels in no more than 30 minutes.
By combining flour with lemonade (to act as a leavening agent, add sweetness and a hint of citrus) and cream (for fat content and as a binding agent), you can whip these babies up in a flash, using ingredients you might already have in your pantry.
Three Ingredient Scone Recipe
- 1/2 cup double or clotted cream
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted, plus extra for kneading and dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, add flour and make a well in the centre of the flour with your hands
- Add lemonade and cream and begin to bring together with a spoon. You can use your hands to ensure all of the flour is brought into the wet dough mixture. Don’t worry if the dough is quite sticky at this stage.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and knead the dough until it feels smooth and no longer sticks to your fingers. Using your hands or a rolling pin, roll the dough so you have a thick mat, around 3-4cm thick
- Using a ramekin or biscuit cutter around 7cm wide, cut out the rounds that will form your scones
- Give them a little plump with your hands, dust lightly with sifted flour, and pop them on a lined bakery tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops of the scones are golden brown ad sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Allow to cool slightly, then serve with freshly brewed tea, clotted cream and strawberry jam (jam on first, please!)
And there you have it! Go on and enjoy a scone (or two) this weekend!